- Remember to change your address –
advise your bank, QLD Transport etc, magazine subscriptions, insurance company, friends and family etc.
- Forward you Mail –
Organise to have your mail redirected to your new address by setting up a mail re- direction with Australia Post.
- Cancel electricity, gas and telephone.
- Clear out cupboards, drawers and other storage areas, throw out or recycle anything you don’t need or forgot you had, the less you move the cheaper the removalist costs will be.
- Advise your Property Manager of your new address, phone numbers etc.
- Organise contents insurance for the new property.
- Organise new telephone, gas and electricity connections.
- Book your removalist in advance.
- Make sure you have plenty of packing tape and boxes on hand.
- Have all your boxes packed and ready to go before your removalists arrive.