Tenant Considerations when comparing rental properties, what does a tenant look for when making a decision?
- The rent – is it comparable to similar properties?
- Location – are transport, shops, schools, entertainment easily accessible?
- Cleanliness – Generally the cleaner the house, regardless of its age the cleaner your tenants.
- Security – Can the property be secured? Are there security screens and doors, is there an electronic alarm?
- Comfort – is there air conditioning and heating, are fans provided, is the property bright and airy rather than dark and gloomy? Are bedrooms roughly even in size?
- Well Maintained – all fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
- Low Maintenance – choose easy care flooring and window coverings and an easy care garden.
- The neighbourhood – is the neighbourhood relatively safe, with quiet neighbours and streets free of heavy traffic.